cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4402 controller 4.2.61.0 code what waps work with this

j.boswell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a controller on code 4.2.61.0 that was upgraded to this..I have some of the legacy Nortel waps which I believe are now 1000 series cisco that constantly recycle..when waps are operational I see their code level is at 4.0.217.0 not at 4.2.61.0..does this code mean the end of those style of waps..and what waps are acceptable..thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

You may have already solved this issue but I thought you may want to see this info that does show full support for the 1000 Series;

Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution Components

The following components are part of the Cisco UWN Solution and are compatible in this release:

•Software release 4.2.61.0 for all Cisco controllers and lightweight access points

•Cisco autonomous to lightweight mode upgrade tool release 3.0

•Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) software release 4.2.62.0

•Cisco WCS Navigator 1.1.62.0

•Location appliance software release 3.1.35.0

•Cisco 2700 Series Location Appliances

•Cisco 2000 Series Wireless LAN Controllers

•Cisco 2100 Series Wireless LAN Controllers

•Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controllers

•Cisco Wireless Services Module (WiSM) for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches

•Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Network Module for Cisco Integrated Services Routers

•Catalyst 3750G Wireless LAN Controller Switches

•Cisco 3201 Wireless Mobile Interface Card (WMIC)

•Cisco Aironet 1000, 1100, 1130, 1200, 1240, 1250, and 1300 Series Lightweight Access Points

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn4200.html#wp233793

I'm not familiar with the Nortel relationship here, I thought the 1000 series was part of the old "AIRSPACE" (not sure about the spelling :) product line that was aquired by Cisco.

Hope this helps!

Rob

j.boswell
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info

History 101. Airespace OEM'd APs to Alcatel, Nortel, and NEC for the years prior to the acquisition. These radios, though similar in size and style were not 100% compatible with the Airespace AP1250. They were more in line with the first gen Airespace APs and in some cases are not upgradeable. I haven't personally tried any version of 4x code on these APs. There was a Smartnet conversion plan in place early on. Check with your Cisco AM to see if it is still available.

Thanks for the info

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card