cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading a user from a 7961 to a 7971

mmitschke
Level 1
Level 1

what are the steps required to do this? The user in question has an existing DID and wants to keep it? I have attempted this once but was forced to recreate everything. Is there a short cut to accomplishing this without completely recreating everything?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

I wish that I could tell you that there is an easier way, but, for "one-ups" there really isn't. If you were going to be doing a large amount of them you can you BAT to export the phone details from the 7961 into a .csv file and then do a little manipulation and re-import the info for a 7971.

But, because of the difference in the Phone models it really is an Out 7961/In 7971. The only thing I do to speed up the process is to use Notepad to copy/paste many of the details (due to my horiffic typing skills :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the information. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to speed it up. I appreciate your feedback. Maybe someday I can return the favor!

Hi Mike,

You are most welcome :) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: