cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA Authentication issue with menu

schadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a menu system set up on a terminal server (3660 Router) and everything seems to be ok except one little annoyance. We use AAA to authenticate and authorize the connections in to our router (for admin and for menu use). Once a user gets to the menu option and selects it they get prompted to enter AAA credentials for telnet (since we use reverse-telnet) and then they will get prompted after that for credentials in the the box they are trying to reverse-telnet in to. Any idea why this happens and how to fix it? I would like for the user to not have to authenticate twice for the reverse telnet connections. Any help would be appreciated. I will post config if you guys need it.

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

The problem of double authentication is caused by the fact that 'aaa new-model' applies 'authentication login default' on all VTY & TTY lines by default.

Check this link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/security/configuration/guide/scdathen.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: