Traffic shaping, policy or throttle?

Unanswered Question
Jan 16th, 2008
User Badges:

Greetings Experts:

I'm working for a small company and we have a server at a colocation. I'm thinking of getting a T1 at home and host the server there and have the company reimburse or maybe making some money. Also, my brother in law wants to host some files remotely. The question I have is that what technology does the ISP at the coloc has the restriction on our connectivity. I know they will charge us more if we want 3.0Mbit. In my case,I would like to divide the bandwidth at home 50/50. What equipment do I need? Is CIR or CAR that the ISP uses to shapes the ethernet port?



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
umedryk Tue, 01/22/2008 - 12:31
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The best two divide the bandwidth is to use framerelay connection along with the PPP which can give security along with the bandwidth sharing.


This Discussion