I have a 2620xm router with interface 0/0 connected to RoadRunner cable modem, this is DHCP.
I have interface 1/0 connected to the LAN with a fixed IP address, and I have (2) DNS servers running on the LAN.
- When I load a web page I get "problem loading the page" I do a "web page reload" and then the page loads...and my DNS server cache will show that it has resolved...
- If I do an "nslookup" I almost always have to do it (2) times to get it to resolve..
1) How should I be setting up DNS on the interfaces??
2) Do I need to "Publish" the(LAN)DNS servers to get DNS to resolve fast??
3) I cannot ping anything on the internet....do I need to add an access rule for ping?
Thanks...still learning routers...