cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) with Windows 2003 and exchange 2003

qpippen
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to get that config working in lab for future upgrade but i'm stuck at the delegate control phase for Exchange 2003

I get the error when delegating the users unityinstall and unitydirsvc! "The delegated user must be in the administrative local group"

Checked in the builtin administrators group and the unityinstall and unitydirsvc are members of this group!

anyone had that issue before?

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

I know it sounds crazy but what account are you logged on as when you try to delegate? You have to be logged on as an account that has the right to delegate. I am sure that you know that though.

I have made that mistake before :-) hahahahah

rlp and willing to admit it

Yeah logges as Administrator which is member or Entreprise Admins, Domain Admins, Schema Admin etc...

it's an odd error...

btmulgrew
Level 4
Level 4

Hi - This may be related to the design of your Exchange environment:

There are two methods of creating install account depending on the ADC between E2K3 and Exchange 5.5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/installation/guide/cueum2k3nf/IG_019.html

Hi,

I followed that doc beofre posting on this forum.

I installed E2k3

installed the SP

run adschemasetup.exe

created the users for installation, dir service, admin and msg store

put them in domain admins

run the permission wizard 4.0(3)+, no errors

try to delegate install account and dir svc account to exchange administrator and I get the error that those accoutns need to be in Local administrator group which after verification, they are...

I'm assuming this is the procedure being followed, but the Unity install cannot be performed by the 'administrator' user, the permission wizard gives additional rights to the UnityInstall account that are NOT given to the 'administrator' user.

Also, I assume you logged out and logged back in after running the permission wizard?

Try logging out and logging in with the UnityInstall account and retry the delegation...

These points are clearly identified in the Unity install docs, you need to follow them exactly as they are quite detailed and it is easy to miss a step.

Yeah I tried to delegate as unityinstall but got errors as that account didin't have the rights to make changes like delegation...

Meanwhile I opened a case with cisco and even they have the warning in their lab so it just might be a miss in the documentation about this pop up!

i'm gonna continu the installation and hope everything works after

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: