cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5K new APs and nothing to manage them with..suggestions ?

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

A project we're running is deploying 5,000 linksys APs in our network in a month. Unfortunatly none of our current tools can manage them and our ops staff isnt large. I've got the traditional tools WCS and WLSE, but linksys is unsupported.

Anyone have any clues on what works well ?

4 Replies 4

unfirenothomas
Level 1
Level 1

I would look into using Airwave: www.airwave.com

Note that Aruba has just bought out AirWave but they still support multiple vendors. Works well for commercial APs but probably not Linksys. Could consider something like ActiveXperts to monitor up/down of the alternate APs.

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Andy

If Linksys has a mib file for the AP the Solarwinds SNMP manager should give you some management caoabilities. this would apply any other SNMP manager you chose. You may have uncovered one of the major differences between the WIFI products destined for the lower end of the price range and the ones classified as Enterpise AP's

Good Luck

Bill

There is a product from AirWave ( www.airwave.com ) that manages access points from multiple manufacturers (including Cisco). The product can scale up to 10,000+ access points. You might want to contact them to find out what their support is for Linksys.

Hope this helps,

- John

Please rate helpful posts!

I've got a Airwave demo box in house of thier latest and it can't touch them either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: