Just passed BCMSN

Unanswered Question
Jan 16th, 2008

hello all,

Wow, what a day. Just got back from my BCMSN exam that I almost didn't make due to a traffic accident. Passed with a 920. I must have studied the guide, cover to cover, about 5 times with labs. I was a bit worried about the wireless section, but it turned out well. Also got stuck on some questions, but finished with about 2 mins to spare. Well, I'll give my brain a day or two to rest and on to BSCI. Good luck all.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi There

Let me add my voice to the congratulations. Well done and excellent score.

I started with BSCI, just passed last Thursday :) As has been said already it is pretty challanging, but really interesting. I especially liked the BGP routing and learning about route maps and distribute lists.

Like you I have taken this last week off to give my brain a break as I had spent around 6 months studying for my BSCI.

I found Jeff Doyles books, Routing TCP/IP vol 1 & 2 very useful. Also a book by Sam Halabi, Internet Routing Architectures was excellent for BGP information. These books are aimed at CCIE written, but are well written, easy to understand and contain a wealth of information. They will make great reference material for a long time to come. I have also picked up the latest edition of CCIE routing and Switching, by Wendell Odom, though I have not really used this book as yet.

Well good luck with your BSCI studies.

Best Regards,

Michael

ascoolasice Thu, 01/17/2008 - 12:41

Thanks guys for the study materials and congratulatory messages. It feel good knowing that hard work finally pays off. I really enjoyed BCMSN, and I think BSCI will be no different. Good luck and enjoy.

steven2000 Sun, 01/20/2008 - 04:25

congrates on your achievement. M also studying for my CCNP. currently studying for the composite exam (BCMSN+BSCI). the books mentioned above are really good.You should try them and I know you wont regret it.

Actions

This Discussion