Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy h323 command on 2821 router

rodonohu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a backup router to my primary 7206. The 7206 takes care of everything at the minute so I want to run my VoIP traffic over the 2821. I've got a few different IOS but none of them allow me to put the following commands onto the config:

proxy h323

and then on the interface:

interface FastEthernet0/1

ip address IP

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

ip pim sparse-dense-mode

duplex auto

speed auto

h323 interface

h323 qos ip-precedence 4

h323 h323-id gk-xxxx

h323 gatekeeper ipaddr 172.xxxxx

h323 t120 bypass

---------

All the gatekeeper commands can be applied as below....I don't know enough about the VoIP stuff to be sure if this will be a problem:

gatekeeper

zone local gk-mullingar gmaccm.com 172.17.12.1

zone local gk-paris gmaccm.com

zone local gk-dublin gmaccm.com

zone local gk-london gmaccm.com

zone local gk-frankfurt gmaccm.com

4 Replies 4

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

To enable the proxy feature on your router, use the proxy h323 command in global configuration mode. To disable the proxy feature, use the no form of this command.

proxy h323

no proxy h323

Usage Guidelines

If the multimedia interface is not enabled using this command or if no gatekeeper is available, starting the proxy allows it to attempt to locate these resources. No calls are accepted until the multimedia interface and the gatekeeper are found.

Examples

The following example turns on the proxy feature:

proxy h323

Hi,

I have tried this but the command is not allowed in the current IOS that I have. I have opened a TAC case with Cisco and they are trying to sort it out. I have a 2821 router and the IOS i currenlt am using is c2800nm-adventerprisek9_ivs_li-mz.124-15.T1

Not sure what one i need to make this work.

Hello,

Wondering if you have this resolved. Can you post the resolution please ?

Hi,

I'm afraid I do not have this resolved. I'm now looking at using an older router that can take an IOS that will allow me to use the H323 configuration rather than the newer configs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: