cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I got this error this morning the event viewer stating that the service terminated unexpectedly. I have no idea on why this happened. Attached is the error log i got from the \\NMSRoot\lib\jre\bin directory and log directory. Any ideas on why that happened?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The crash may have caused the previous log to be overwritten. I checked on Sun's site, and a similar bug was reported with a preview of JVM 1.6 (which we are not using). That bug was considered rarely reproducible, so you may not experience this again.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a memory problem. Please post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Please see attached.

It appears Tomcat has been restarted. I need to see the previous log. It will be stdout.log.1.

That file should be in located in the same directory correct? All the other stdout.log files 1,2, and 3 have much older dates in the log and nothin current.

\\NMSroot\e$\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\logs

Yeah, same directory. If the messages pertaining to the crash are gone, I cannot say for certain what caused this.

That what it appears to be.....all the other stdlog files are date with 12/18/07.

Well if it happens again. I will post another discussion. Thanks.

The crash may have caused the previous log to be overwritten. I checked on Sun's site, and a similar bug was reported with a preview of JVM 1.6 (which we are not using). That bug was considered rarely reproducible, so you may not experience this again.