cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I got this error this morning the event viewer stating that the service terminated unexpectedly. I have no idea on why this happened. Attached is the error log i got from the \\NMSRoot\lib\jre\bin directory and log directory. Any ideas on why that happened?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The crash may have caused the previous log to be overwritten. I checked on Sun's site, and a similar bug was reported with a preview of JVM 1.6 (which we are not using). That bug was considered rarely reproducible, so you may not experience this again.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a memory problem. Please post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Please see attached.

It appears Tomcat has been restarted. I need to see the previous log. It will be stdout.log.1.

That file should be in located in the same directory correct? All the other stdout.log files 1,2, and 3 have much older dates in the log and nothin current.

\\NMSroot\e$\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\logs

Yeah, same directory. If the messages pertaining to the crash are gone, I cannot say for certain what caused this.

That what it appears to be.....all the other stdlog files are date with 12/18/07.

Well if it happens again. I will post another discussion. Thanks.

The crash may have caused the previous log to be overwritten. I checked on Sun's site, and a similar bug was reported with a preview of JVM 1.6 (which we are not using). That bug was considered rarely reproducible, so you may not experience this again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: