cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speech Connect for Unity

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone know if this is part of Cisco Unity or is it purchased separately? Does it run on a separate server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It runs on a separate server and is a separate license.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It runs on a separate server and is a separate license.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Can you direct me to some Cisco Doc which specifies requirement of speech-connect?

I want to have a look at Doc saying separate server and license required for speech-connect.

I've Unity 5 in fail-over.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Hi i_s,

Tommer is most correct :) Here are the related docs my friend;

Hardware

Revised February 2008

The Speech Connect system is a software product that is loaded onto a hardware server. The hardware server must meet the following requirements:

•The following Cisco 7800 Series Media Convergence Server (MCS) server models-configured as shipped-are supported:

-Cisco MCS 7825-H3

-Cisco MCS 7825-I3

-Cisco MCS 7835-H2

-Cisco MCS 7835-I2

-Cisco MCS 7845-H2

-Cisco MCS 7845-I2

•The following RAM is required:

-2 GB of RAM for MCS 7825 and MCS 7835

-4 GB of RAM for MCS 7845

•The correct number of hard drives is required, as follows (too few or too many will cause installation errors):

-2 hard drives for MCS 7825

-4 hard drives for MCS 7835 and MCS 7845

•DVD-ROM drive

•Keyboard, mouse, and monitor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The Speech Connect installer checks for the presence of the DVD-ROM drive, sufficient hard drive and memory sizes, sufficient CPU type and speed, and the correct number of hard drives. If too few or too many hard drives are installed, the installer will be unable to complete RAID configuration properly, and will report a failure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/speech_connect/installation/guide/cuscig020.html

Installing the Speech Connect License

Revised March 2008

The Licensing fields display the current license key for this system and the status of your current Speech Connect license agreement. This section describes how to obtain and upload a new or changed license code for your system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***When a Speech Connect system is not licensed, only 50 employee and 50 department records can be included in the speakable directory. This limitation is not enforced during data import and management, but is enforced when the directory is compiled for call recognition. When the grammar is compiled, the first 50 employees sorted by first name/last name and the first 50 departments sorted by department code can be reached.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/speech_connect/installation/guide/cuscig050.html#wpxref23404

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, you are awesome.

I don't know where do you go and search for these. I tried but couldn't find this doc.

I am wondering if Cisco has given you access to secret resources ..:)

This post deserves a fiver from me.

thanks,

inner_silence

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi i_s,

You are most welcome my friend :) I wish that I did have access to secret Cisco docs, but sadly it's just good old "trial & error".

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, great information. I'm really interested in the Speech Connect solution. Just these questions please,

1. About the ordering information, I see the product name (Speech Connect software kit) and part number (SC-SW-KIT

) but I cannot find it in the configuration tool. Do I'm missing something?

2. Is there available a langpack for Spanish for Speech Connect?

Thanks Rob

All the best

David

Hi David,

First, there is no Speech Connect language pack for Spanish.

To answer your ordering question, you should take a look at the ordering guide. Hopefully this information will help too:

Speech Connect is ordered as an option for a new or existing Unity/cxn system. It may be ordered under the existing configurations:

UNITY-5.X-K9

UNITY-LIC-UPG-5.X

UNITY-4.X

UNITY-LIC-UPG-4.X

To purchase Speech Connect, select the Speech Connect Options group under one of the top level Unity SKUs (Above).

Order one Speech Connect Cisco Unity name option (SC-UNITY-NAME) for each Cisco Unity user's name in the directory AND one Speech Connect guest name option (SC-GUEST-NAME) for each non-Cisco Unity name in the directory.

Speech Connect also requires a separate Speech server that runs on an OS built specifically for Speech Connect. The OS ships as part of the application media kit (SC-SW-KIT) and also includes the server license. One SC-SW-KIT is required for each Speech Connect server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: