cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What users have rights to push xml to the IP Phones?

sullyb007
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on 3rd party app that will be sending the Cisco XML directly to the phones (not going through CM). So far in testing I've been using a demo user name and password that is assigned to that particular phone. No problems thus far.

The question now becomes, do I need the specific user name and password for EVERY phone that I want to push to, do I need an admin account, or will ANY account user work?

Obviously, the phone network owner has some concern about creating a new admin account or giving out the password for the current one. I don't blame them, but on the other hand, they need this system to work. What is the precedent here? Is it generally accepted that 3rd party apps need their own admin account or is there another way to go about this?

Thanks,

Brian

2 Replies 2

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

To be able to send XML to phones you need a user with has an assosiation (Device association) with all the needed phones.

I always create one user that is assosiated with all phones so there is no problem with pushing xml or anything else.

Thanks for the reply Mike. That was my thought as well, but does that user need to be an admin user? Or can a phone be associated with multiple non admin users?

The phone network owner is telling me that a phone can only be associated with one user.

Thanks again,

Brian