cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CmfDbMonitor Waiting to initialize with Ciscoworks 3.0.1

derek.sizeland
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get Ciscoworks 3.0.1 running on an HP Proliant server running Server 2003 R2 Enterprise with SP1. I managed to get 3.0 running on it before I did the upgrade, but had to manually start some of the processes before it would run. I have attached the output of pdshow. Is there a list of Windows updates that either have or have not to be installed, and is the package known to clash with systems, as there are a number of HP tools running on the server?

.NET 2 is not installed - I saw one post that mentioned the service pack for it.

We do have a TAC case currently running for which I have sent the content of several log files. The server only has 1 nic enabled apart from the one used for ILO. Any suggestions please!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the bug is requesting the same fix that was applied to Apache. That is, dbmonitor.exe will be linked to cwlibeay32.dll to avoid the conflict.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A database monitor process in a waiting to initialize state typically points to a bad database password. Please post the CmfDbMonitor.log and UPMDbMonitor.log

Logs attached, but they don't show a great deal.

Try running:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbpasswd.pl dsn=cmf

See if you can successfully change the cmf database password.

Joe,

It let me change the password. I set it to what I chose for all the system passwords.

I have attached the output.

CmfDbMonitor is still showing as waiting to initialize!

Once pdshow returns, if you pdterm CmfDbMonitor, then pdexec it, does it come up?

No change:

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx>pdterm CmfDbMonitor

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx>pdexec CmfDbMonitor

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx>pdshow CmfDbMonitor

Process= CmfDbMonitor

State = Waiting to initialize.

Pid = 7848

RC = 0

Signo = 0

Start = 17/01/2008 23:22:00

Stop = Not applicable

Core = Not applicable

Info = Server started by admin request

It is now 23:30 here, if you can post any more suggestions, I will pick them up in the morning.

What are your service startup parameters for all of the LMS services? What other applications and utilities do you have installed on this server? What processes did you have to start manually when you had LMS 3.0 installed?

All LMS Services are set as manual, only the Daemon is set to automatic.

I have attached a list of all the packages and patches installed on the server along with another pdshow.

Can't remember the finer details of how I got 3.0 running, I tried lots of different things, but I seem to remember manually starting DCR and jrm.

Try disabling Symantec AV, then restart dmgtd. Also, please post the outputs of netstat -a -n -o -b when dmgtd is running and when it is not.

Already turned the Symantec services off.

I managed to get the server up for a while this afternoon by starting processes in CS/Process Management, but very flakey.

Currently, I have got it almost up, but UPMDbMonitor and DCRServer won't start. CmfDbMonitor ran for a while and then stopped.

Contents of 2 netstats attached along with another pdshow.

Since the processes have now failed, post the new DbMonitor.log files.

no change in what is in the log file. However, there is now an entry in the system application event log:

Faulting application dbmonitor.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module libeay32.dll, version 0.9.7.3, fault address 0x0001501f.

Source is: Application Error, Event ID: 1000

There is also an error in the system event log:

Generate Activation Context failed for D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\lib\vbroker\bin\MFC80.DLL. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Source is: SidebySide, Event ID is:59

Wow. I have never seen this error with dbmonitor. Do a search on your system for libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. Where are your copies? What is the value of your Path environment variable?

Attached file gives path and also locations, sizes and dates of the dlls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco