cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Dial Rules

clerum
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having some trouble getting the SIP Dial rules to take on CUCM 6.1 and a Cisco 7975. I'm not sure if I have the format right and I'm not figuring it out based on the docs.

I have a "7940_7960_OTHER" dial-plan

I have a pattern "Internal" with Value of "...." for my 4 digit extensions

I have a pattern of "Local" with "9,......." for 7 Digit Local

and a pattern of "Long Distance" with "9,1.........." for 1+10 Digit Long Distance.

My Long Distance one seems to take but the Local one just hangs out for 10 second before it dials.

What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I have seen that but there are no examples for the 7940-7960 dialplans.

Here are some patterns and examples:

Value for 7940_7960_OTHER Pattern

•Period (.) matches any character.

•Asterisk (*) matches one or more characters. The * gets processed as a wildcard character. You can override this by preceding the * with a backward slash (\) escape sequence, which results in the sequence \*. The phone automatically strips the \, so it does not appear in the outgoing dial string. When * is received as a dial digit, it gets matched by the wildcard characters * and period (.).

•Comma (,) causes the phone to generate a secondary dial tone.

Example: 7.... will match any 4-digit DN that starts with 7. 8,..... will match 8, play secondary dial tone, then match any 5-digit DN.

SIP Dial Plan Rules Examples

Table 31-2 provides some example SIP dial plan rules for the 7905_7912 dial rules.

Table 31-2 SIP Dial Plan Rule Examples

Pattern String Effect

.t7>#......t4-

You must enter at least one digit. After that, the send occurs after 7 seconds. The terminating # character can also be applied after the first digit is entered. After 7 digits are entered, the timeout changes to 4 seconds. The * character means that more digits can be entered, as long as timeout or # does not terminate the string.

Send immediately.

1t7>#..........t1-

You must enter at least one digit. After that, the send occurs after 7 seconds. The terminating character # can also be applied after the first digit is entered. After 10 digits are entered, the timeout changes to 1 second. The * character means that more digits can be entered, as long as timeout or # does not terminate the string.

0t4>#.t7-"

After a 0, if no other digit is entered, the send occurs after 4 seconds. If another digit is entered, send occurs after 7 seconds. Again, # acts as the terminating digit.

Did you try using different prefix for local and longdistance?

Good luck,

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: