cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Dial Rules

clerum
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having some trouble getting the SIP Dial rules to take on CUCM 6.1 and a Cisco 7975. I'm not sure if I have the format right and I'm not figuring it out based on the docs.

I have a "7940_7960_OTHER" dial-plan

I have a pattern "Internal" with Value of "...." for my 4 digit extensions

I have a pattern of "Local" with "9,......." for 7 Digit Local

and a pattern of "Long Distance" with "9,1.........." for 1+10 Digit Long Distance.

My Long Distance one seems to take but the Local one just hangs out for 10 second before it dials.

What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I have seen that but there are no examples for the 7940-7960 dialplans.

Here are some patterns and examples:

Value for 7940_7960_OTHER Pattern

•Period (.) matches any character.

•Asterisk (*) matches one or more characters. The * gets processed as a wildcard character. You can override this by preceding the * with a backward slash (\) escape sequence, which results in the sequence \*. The phone automatically strips the \, so it does not appear in the outgoing dial string. When * is received as a dial digit, it gets matched by the wildcard characters * and period (.).

•Comma (,) causes the phone to generate a secondary dial tone.

Example: 7.... will match any 4-digit DN that starts with 7. 8,..... will match 8, play secondary dial tone, then match any 5-digit DN.

SIP Dial Plan Rules Examples

Table 31-2 provides some example SIP dial plan rules for the 7905_7912 dial rules.

Table 31-2 SIP Dial Plan Rule Examples

Pattern String Effect

.t7>#......t4-

You must enter at least one digit. After that, the send occurs after 7 seconds. The terminating # character can also be applied after the first digit is entered. After 7 digits are entered, the timeout changes to 4 seconds. The * character means that more digits can be entered, as long as timeout or # does not terminate the string.

Send immediately.

1t7>#..........t1-

You must enter at least one digit. After that, the send occurs after 7 seconds. The terminating character # can also be applied after the first digit is entered. After 10 digits are entered, the timeout changes to 1 second. The * character means that more digits can be entered, as long as timeout or # does not terminate the string.

0t4>#.t7-"

After a 0, if no other digit is entered, the send occurs after 4 seconds. If another digit is entered, send occurs after 7 seconds. Again, # acts as the terminating digit.

Did you try using different prefix for local and longdistance?

Good luck,

Baseer.