cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBWFQ w/Frame Relay Traffic Shaping?

metzj
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple subinterfaces (56K) on a single T1. We are implementing frame-relay traffic shaping and we have a CIR 28K. My Question, When applying the service policy to the frame-relay map I get the following error " requested bandwidth 8 (kbps), available only 6 (kbps)". I have 4 class-map statements with a policy that sets the bandwidth to the min 8kbps for each class. This adds up to being under our CIR so why do I get this message when trying to apply the service policy?

I appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only reserve 75% of link bandwidth. Link bandwidth is based on the "bandwidth" command configured on the interface. If you need to reserve more than 75%, you can use the "max-reserved-bandwidth" command to change this value. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk39/tk48/technologies_tech_note09186a00800fe2c1.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I tried this with same results. Were using Frame Relay with point-point subinterfaces. See Original post. I'm still confused as to why this message appears considering I'm not over the CIR. Does this mean I need to be with the 75% of the CIR? I'm applying the service policy under the Frame Relay map statements.

Thanks,

I have it resolved now. The MinCIR is set to half of the CIR and this created all the problems. I changed our MinCIR to be something under the CIR and all is working good now.

Thansk,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card