cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity messages not delivered..added exchange server

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I have a situation where Unity 4.0(3) is running in Voicemail mode partnered with a Windows 2003 Exchange server. Everything works fine there. The Windows admin team added a second Windows 2003 Exchange server and moved their personal email boxes over to the new server. Unity recognizes that these boxes are on the new server as it shows up on their subscriber admin page, but the messages are sitting in the MTA folder in unity and when they dial into voicemail, they receive the "your message server is offline" message. I have tried running the permissions wizard again and the detailed results page says that everything succeeds. Then I go into the first administrative group on the exchange server and hit delegate control, and the admin and services accounts are already set up with "view only" administrative rights. That is all I need as I only import exchange users into Unity. Does anyone have any ideas why these messages are not being delivered to their boxes on the new server? I have rebooted the Unity server after running the permissions wizard. Thanks for the help.

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

you might try running message store configuration wizard too

I'm not sure how to do that without running the Unity install program. Is there a way to run the wizard without reinstalling Unity? Would I still run this even though I'm not trying to change the mailstore, just adding another? Thanks for the reply.

yes just go to add/remove programs and it is there. when you choose to remove it it just reruns it.

rlp

I tried running this after hours last night, and it failed saying it was not able to synchronize with the SQL server. It seemed like this process was moving mailboxes, but this is not what I'm trying to do. I just want the server to deliver messages to its current mailstore and to others on a different server. Any other ideas? Thanks again for the help.

no this would not move mailboxes, might point to a different mailstore or server.

rlp

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue. A second Exchange Server has been added and users email boxes migrated.

Messages are not being delivered to the mail boxes on the new exchange server.

Did you find a resolution to this problem.

thanks in advance

Ian.