cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Tech Support

curt-wwwww
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with ASDM spawning errors and losing session authentications after (successful) connections are made. The problems arose in association with creation of site-to-site VPN using the "Wizard".

I initiated a case with TAC, and they told me they did not provide tech support for ASDM ... only support for CLI. I've been doing CLI since PIX 10 and can live with it, but ASDM sure makes life easier.

My question: Is ASDM an unsupported Cisco product, or is TAC feeding me a line? TAC has always been great, and I've very seldom been left swinging-in-the-wind.

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I just got off the phone with TAC about ASDM issues. If it weren't supported, you probably wouldn't be able to select it when you're opening your case...Security -> Adaptive Security Device Manager.

Thanks for the tip.

I had opened the case under Security-VPN ... the ASDM does not appear as an option there. I went back and noticed that it does appear under ASA.

I'm debating whether to abandon the existing case and starting all over under ASDM.

Again, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: