Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS gatekeeper Load Balancing?

hoathai123
Level 1
Level 1

To the experts

I have 3662 running IOS 12.3T with GK enabled.

I wonder if I can load balanced outgoing calls via different 02 GKs? (weighted or fair balanced 1-1)

Call1: MyGK (local zone) --> GK1 (remote zone1)

Call2: MyGK (local zone) --> GK2 (remote zone1, same zone)

Call3: MyGk (local zone)--> GK1 (remote zone1)

... so on ...

I think sequencial and blast does not help here. Also, GK1 and GK2 is not Cisco Based (3rd party GK)

Question: Is there any way for this scenario? DNS round-robin will help if I declare only one remote zone with DNS and I configure my BIND DNS Server to return multiple IP address to MyGk for load balancing?

Brgds

Thai Duy Hoa

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

The Cisco High-Performance Gatekeeper feature introduces new gatekeeper functionality and modifications for facilitating carrier class reliability, security, and performance into Cisco's Voice Network solution portfolio. These H.323 standard-based features have carrier grade reliability and performance characteristics with a robust open application protocol interface to enable development of enhanced applications like voice VPNs and wholesale voice solutions.

The new gatekeeper is characterized by the following:

"Increased support for back end applications.

"Increased performance on a single gatekeeper.

"Alternate gatekeeper support to the gatekeeper. Each alternate gatekeeper, or GK node, shares its local zone information so that the cluster can effectively manage all local zones within the cluster. Each alternate gatekeeper has a unique local zone. Clusters provide a mechanism for distributing call processing seamlessly across a converged IP network infrastructure to support IP telephony, facilitate redundancy, and provide feature transparency and scalability.

Please be noted that I want to load balance between 01 Cisco IOS GK to other 02 3rd party non-Cisco GKs.

Cisco AS5xxx ---- IOS GK --- 3rd Party GK --- 3rd Party GWs

Question: From on Cisco IOS GK, how to load balance traffic to other 02 neighbor GKs (1:1, round robin or weighted round robin)

Brgds

Thai Duy Hoa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: