Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Internet Comming Up & Down

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have cisco 3750, in that i hav created 3 vlanz, namely VLAN 99,101 & 102, among the 3 vlans, VLAN 102 interfaces keeps UP & Down with the following msg. "Mar 3 05:21:23 IST: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan102, c

hanged state to up

*Mar 3 05:22:11 IST: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan102, c

hanged state to down", i tried deleting & creating a different vlan # also, but ended up the same result, can any 1 help why this is happening only for that particular VLAN?

2 Replies 2

jproos
Level 1
Level 1

A VLAN interface goes down when there are no physical interfaces left in that VLAN, I suspect that this VLAN only has 1 physical interface in it, which is going up and down.

Thanks for the response, but already 4 PC's are connected on this VLAN, one more info i would like to highlight is, i never assigned any IP address on any of the VLAN interface, but is there any possibility that there might be a cabling issue which is creating problem by making this particular VLAN interface going up & donw?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco