cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to sign-in to Unity voicemail from outside world.

bgillick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Using CallManager 5.1 with Unity 4.2.

I am unable trying to dial into voicemail from outside. Here's what happens:

- Dial DDI number from PSTN and my phone rings and then diverts me to voicemail.

- While listening to my greeting I press "*" to sign-in.

- I then get prompted for my ID followed by # which I enter.

- I then get prompted for my password followed by # which I enter.

- I then get the following error message:

"This system is temporarily unable to complete the call".

This then seems to generate the attached error on the Unity server.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does this happen with all users or just your account?

Can it be replicated on an IP phone internally?

Usually if the system is unavailable, I have a feeling that you may have lost your connection from Unity to Exchange. (possibly) Or you may have some other Unity system problem going on. Run a quick test. (if you are using UM) leave your self a message. Does it show up in your Outlook? If not, Exchange and Unity are not talking.

If you cant leave a message, I would restart the Unity services. Possibly something is hung up.

Cheers

Hi,

- After further investigation it seems to happen for all users whether calling from outside or from an IP phone internally.

- UM seems to work OK. Messages are received in Outlook and can also be retrieved by pressing the messages button on the phones.

I have tried restarting Unity to no avail.

Thanks,

Barry.

Check your TSP version. The DTMFs coming across from Callmanager could not be coming through. If your TSPs are old, I would recommend updating them. I know it has been working before then all of sudden stopped, but some versions of the TSPs on Unity are not that great. The latest release seems to fix a lot of problems.

are you call handlers working? Meaning, if you dial into a callhandler, such as the directory, can you spell a name? This would indicate maybe a little more if DTMF is working through TSP.