DFM 2.0.10 - Fault History, search by device --> Error!

Unanswered Question
Jan 18th, 2008

Hi Experts,

I've tried to search Alerts and Events by device in DFM Fault History, however, I got the following error:

Cannot generate Fault Hostory.

User has no access to device(s) <removed>

I have full rights in CW for my username. I have alert and event for this device on the Alerts and Activities page.

I've also tried to the same on another test server but I'm not able to reproduce it. It is working fine on the test server.

Do you have any idea wht is the issue here?

What kind of log could help me to find out the root cause?

Thanks in advance for your help and have a nice day!

Regards,

Gabor

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
Joe Clarke Fri, 01/18/2008 - 10:31

Is this server integrated with ACS? If so, you may not have fully configured your roles on the ACS server for DFM. You will need to check the ACS properties to make sure your user has rights to fault history tasks. If you are using NDGs, then you need to make sure that you have those roles tied to the correct NDG.

gaborjuhasz Mon, 01/21/2008 - 01:30

Hi Joe,

CW LMS is not integrated with ACS.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks in advance for your help and have a nice day!

Regards,

Gabor

Joe Clarke Mon, 01/21/2008 - 10:55

If you are not integrated with ACS, this problem can also occur if your DFM Fault History database becomes out of sync with your other DFM databases or if there is a DFM daemon problem. To troubleshoot this, I would need the Fault History logs with Fault History debugging enabled. However, since it looks like you cannot share your device names on the forum, you should open a TAC Service request with this information.

gaborjuhasz Tue, 02/05/2008 - 05:26

Hi Joe,

After testing this issue for long, we found out that the problem was that DFM uses HostName.domain.com and it is case sensitive as well.

My customer added the devices to CS from .csv file and he used the following schema:

display name: devicename <--- lower case

host name: Devicename <--- with capital letter

domain name: domain.com

IP address: the customer didn't entered IP address

When we tried to search by device, we tried the following (with lower case):

- devicename

- devicename.domain.com

- IP address

Hmmm... that's it. It works fine now with HostName.domain.com (case sensitive).

I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for helping anyway.

Regards,

Gabor

Actions

This Discussion