cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM custom interface settings

martinUpchu
Level 1
Level 1

I have an edge internet router, and would like to change the %utalization threshold for just that device.

I've added the interface to custom interface 1 (I think), and changed the threshold settings on it (and applied it).

The interface is still alerting at the previous value. (fixed)

Is there a way I can find out which interfaces are matching the rule I created for the custom interface? The interface is now apart of the group, however is there a way to find out if I accidentally got other interfaces in the filter?

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to float your custom group up to the top under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities, then save, then re-apply settings.

You can always view membership by going to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds > (Select Group) > View > (Click on the View ... link).

I've noticed that sometimes (most of the time) when I try to pull up this screen, DFM is not pulling the information from custom groups. I did set the custom threshold earlier (yesterday), but today I can't get to it.

Running LMS 2.6

The customizable groups will be seen under User Defined Groups, and not under DFM.

The custom group is not showing up here either.

Which customizable group did you modify? I did a quick test with a Customizable Interface Group, and it should up just fine. You should also go back, and make sure your customized settings are still in place.

I found the problem was my user account. For some reason my user account was locked out. I logged in with the administrator account, I even created a new account with the same permissions as my user account, and both were able to see the custom group.

I found the problem was my user account. For some reason my user account was locked out. I logged in with the administrator account, I even created a new account with the same permissions as my user account, and both were able to see the custom group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: