cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1751 not seeing Slot 0 WIC card

drumrb0y
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1751 router with a WIC-4ESW 4-port switch module in slot 0 and a WIC-1ADSL interface module in Slot 1; when I boot the router, it gives this error:

"Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 20

Unknown Card in slot 0

%C1700-3-TDMMODIFUNKNOWN: TDM Module does not support WAN Interface module 64 in slot 1"

I upgraded to IOS 12.3(23) with no change in symptoms.

When I perform a 'show running-config', the only interface that appears in the output is FastEthernet 0/0, which is built into the chassis; no other interfaces show.

I've attached a file that shows the boot output, 'sh running-config' and 'sh version' output; the router is otherwise at factory default configuration, save for the F0/0 interface, which is configured to reach my workstation TFTP server.

Thanks,

Marc

1 Reply 1

Hi,

I see this message in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_system_message_guide_chapter09186a0080462672.html#wp700161

Explanation The WAN interface card was not recognized by the TDM module. Internal connections required for this WAN interface card to function were not made.

Recommended Action Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: