cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Migration Utility

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have multiple remote unity 4.x and one 3.x with exchange servers local to unity boxes. The exchange servers are being migrated to a new local cluster, and a new unity 5.01 box is being built. Has anyone used the Unity Tool 'migrate subscriber data' to move the unity settings to the new exchange mailboxes, or is there a better way to do this? thanks

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple things.

First, you have to have the servers digitally networked to use the global subscriber migration tool.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

watch the video.

Basically, when you are in this view, you can move Unity Subscribers from one Unity server to another. (version does not matter) It will move their recorded name, personal greeting, and pin. (see the notes about the streaming folder being setup also)

I would not do this in bulk. Go slow. Take groups of 10-20 at a time. Seems to work best that way.

Once they are moved, migrate the subscribers to a new Exchange server.

You can test everything live with a couple users. Just plan on your integrations with CallManager or phone switch.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, but I am referring to the program within the unity tools depot. It is called "migrate subscriber data". I'm pretty sure this is different than the GSM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: