cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

!721 Router

Geoffbunny
Level 1
Level 1

Have 1721 with sdsl wic and adsl wic, I would like to configure the above so that internal user can use adsl for internet access. External clients, smtp traffic, remote user, vpn etc can come in on sdsl, cisco pre sales say it is possible but cannot find application info on how to configure

3 Replies 3

andychua.chua
Level 1
Level 1

you should take a course

My mistake I thought this forum was to aid fellow network engineers, if I took a course for every problem i have come across i would never work and would be going on courses full time.

Thanks

Geoff

patrickvanham
Level 1
Level 1

If you use NAT between the ADSL link and the internal clients' vlan it should work fine. You'd also need to NAT between another vlan (for smtp, vpn and any other services) and the SDSL interface to provide for the incoming traffic. So you're looking at two inside and two outside NAT entries each with their own vlan and xDSL interface.

If you're using an ISA server (or similar) for in- and outbound traffic you need two NICs, one outbound in the VLAN towards the ADSL interface and one in the inbound VLAN from the SDSL interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: