cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Queue to Skill node

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

I just want to confirm which conditions cause success and which cause failure for Queue to skill node.

Success - Agents are logged in but busy.

Failure - None of agents are logged in. Or logged in agent does not answer.

Please correct me if above is not true.

7 Replies 7

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You will have calls on the success branch when there was no available agents to take the call. In this case, you can think of it as the queue branch: you will need to program your queue behaviour.

If the call goes to the 'false' branch, something is wrong and you have to check your configuration.

If calls appears on the skillgroup statistics they are calls that have been sent to available agents with no queue.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks for your response.

I think I understand what success branch does. In my case the success branch plays a messages until it finds available agent.

The problem is I need to know what triggers failure branch. I am seeing some calls go to failure branch. I have RONA counter after falure branch and I see Multiple RONAs for the same call.

I don't think there is anything wrong with configuration. I just want to know what conditions cause failure at Queue to Skill node so I can provision better treatment.

Thanks.

Yes, if I remember correctly no logged in agents will cause a failure. You can do a requery check after the failure or you can do an LAA before the QtoSG node.

david

The failure branch of a Queue node is only used if the call is unable to queue. A common cause of this is the lack of a translation route (for passing the call to the IVR). Depending on how you have structured your script (particularly on a RONA call - speaking from painful experience here!), check that a TranslateToVRU node is in the script flow. Also, if you run out of Trans routes, you could get a failure.

Another option is that your "consider if" is not allowing any skill groups to be considered, this may also pass the call out the failure node.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S Please rate helpful posts.

David, your repsonse is the closest so far. I'll do a check for logged in agents.

Mark, we don't use Transroute to VRU. We run ISN so transroute is not needed. Because ISN takes initial call and does call control and call switching only Send to VRU is needed. And that is working properly.

Are you doing anything earlier in the script that is different, like using Requery? We have a case where it appears that using a requery to a label before we do the queue to skill causes issues. If we remove that requery node earlier in the script, no problems. Are all of your queue to skills failing (i.e. all scripts) or only certain ones?

We do use Requiry, but after Queue node at failure branch. Again, this happens rarely and in bursts so it is difficult to study the issue. And this is ICM 5, hopefully ICM 7 will fix a lot of unexplained conditions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: