Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MFC Report numbers vs. Individual appliance numbers

Hi,
Can one of the IronPort folks comment on the difference between the numbers I see in reports generated for a server by MFC vs. the numbers I see in reports generated directly from that server?
When I look at the MFC-generated report ('E-mail Volume Report') in comparison to the 'Incoming Mail Daily Summary' report generated from the box itself, they don't seem to match up. I realize they show some different types of numbers, but the ones that I think should be relatively the same, don't seem to be.
For example, looking at the 'Daily Summary' report from the box, it says we received 56K SPAM detected messages. However, if I look at the MFC report for that same box, it totals 38K SPAM postive & suspected. Also, the 'Daily Summary' shows 168K clean messages, while the MFC shows about 300K (after filtering out the spam/virus numbers).

I guess what I'm looking for is an explanation of the difference between the 2 reports and which is more accurate for reporting to management. For example, using the 'Daily Summary' report, I see 1.5M attempted msgs, 1.4M total threat messages, and 168K 'clean' messages. This is pretty much the norm, and I want to know if it's what's really going on.
If this is documented somewhere, I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,
Tony

1 Reply 1

valter_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

Please take a look in to this Article.http://tinyurl.com/zq2zr

I hope it can help you out.

Regards,
-Valter