1. Two internet routers :
Router1 : 10Meg Internet line-->
router managed by ISP1. BGP neighbor
configured for upstream ISP1 rtr.
Router2 : 2Meg Internet linee --->
Router managed by cleint. BGP
neighbor with upstream ISP2. But
using default route to go to internet
(not advertising ISP2s own /27 Ips
assigned to client via BGP using
2. RTR1 and RTR2 inside interface (assigned with public ips) connects to a
public switch(3560) to two
different VLAN ports (vlan2 & vlan3).
3. No routing configured between VLAN2 &
4. The 'traceroute ' from RTR2--->RTR1
goes via Internet.
5. There is NO bgp relation existing
between RTR1 & RTR2
6. Another 2 ports on the same public switch connects to a PIX external & ASA external interface and PIX port is vlan2 & ASA port in Vlan3.
7. PIX is using RTR2 inside interface as gateway and ASA using RTR1 inside interface.
8. Inside interfaces for PIX & ASA connects to 3750 inside cleint Network on the default Vlan (#1).
9.To the Internal 3750 switch connects Internal core router (2811) whose default gateway is: Inside Interface for the ASA. ( users will hit ASA to go online).
10. Both PIX & ASA also have VPN tunnel to remote location.
Now, is there any way I can configure automatic failover between 2ISPs..? No need for load sharing. Primary/back is fine.
And if possible is there a way to make VPN also works during one link fails..?
Thank you in advance.