cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

slow speed of data in network.....

ravi.gyala
Level 1
Level 1

Pls help me what is the cause behind slow speed of data in network .........

17 Replies 17

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you realize that your question is akin to asking how long is a piece of string ?

Please be professional and explain full details of a problem when posting in this forum.

m trying to say how many causes behind the slow speed of network?

Very many.

Now if you have a real problem, please explain it.

If you are preparing for some exam or just an idle question, state it and you can be pointed to some generic training material.

well

it's a real problem. our client site we are using Cisco 1841 router and server site Dlink 3660 router. but problem is in client site.

when we want to save data into server it trasmite very slowly. it's showing data transmission success rate is 72%.

That is a start. From the 1841 router do "ping x.x.x.x repeat 1000" with x.x.x.x being the address of server.

If you have some packets lost, problem can be on the circuits, and you start investigating that.

i have already do this . there are some packets are lost. i m not understand where is the problem . i m thinking our client did not set any proper earthing wires on site there may be chaces for packet lost.is it?

How many packets lost? is there a circuit and of which kind? Check show interface for any error.

shiva_ial
Level 1
Level 1

first thing you have to verify is

duplex settings on both ends

it should be the same

if one side is set as half duplex and other as full you may experience some slow response issues

i have already check this . both ends are same .....pls tell me another possiblities..

Hi Ravi ,

how the client site is connected to server site ? any E1 or any other line ?

if you are using any circuit check the input errors ..

Thanks,

satish.

client site connected to server site by using ISDN line.

if the traffic passes through the serial link

or any check the utilization of the link

if the traffic passes through the serial link

or any check the utilization of the link

your question is more generic thats why delay

you post with more specific details so someone in this forum or myself can help to solve the problem.

rgds

shiva

well

it's a real problem. our client site we are using Cisco 1841 router and server site Dlink 3660 router. but problem is in client site.

when we want to save data into server it trasmite very slowly. it's showing data transmission success rate is 72%.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco