Need advice

Unanswered Question
Jan 19th, 2008
User Badges:

I have two separate networks, running off of two separate Ethernet lines. I want to run them through the same medium(i,e; printer, computer, ect.) but the networks must remain separate of each other, that is why I cannot use a router. I want a device that I can plug multiple networks into via Ethernet cable(RJ45 Connector) with one aggregate going into my medium, and the only way to access any of them is to press a button or turn a knob, so I wouldn't have to pull one wire out and then plug in the other and so forth. Then the only hassle is for me to flip the switch and statically input the appropriate IP address. If you have any idea what type of device I am looking for, and what it is called please let me know. Thank you for any help or advice you can give.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Considering who your organization is, you'll need to contact DOIM for the approved way (if any) to do what you want. I'm suspious that you might be trying to bridge two networks that should never be (like SIPR and NIPR) or joining unapproved devices to a network thats tracked by MAC address. You can contact me on AKO for details andrew.kemp


This Discussion