Views
Helpful
Replies

something wrong with the forum???

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What the ??? I was replying to one post when I hit "Post" there was this "web policy or something that pops up" when I select agree it sents me to nowhere and my reply didn't get posted.

Anyone experiencing the same???

Regards,

Dandy

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

lol..I have experience similar symptoms not exactly the policy page although I remember I got the web policy page while back once, but when posting the actual post goes no where, because of this I have developed a simple technique to save the text I have typed in case it is lost but happens occationaly not all the time.

Jorge Rodriguez

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dandy

I have had this happen once or twice though like the previous poster I didn't see the "web policy" page. I have received some kind of error message.

A couple of times I have noticed that this will happen if I have more than 1 browser tab open towards the forums, as I am prone to do when answering posts.

And like Jorge, I have also gotten into the habit of saving the texts of my posts, just in case.

Maybe one for Moulder and Scully :)

Best Regards,

Michael

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

It's possible for your session to time-out while you are typing your post. I think there's a strict 30 minute timer ... I never really checked it.

If your session expires while you're composing, when you hit "Post" it will fail with an error.

If it keep happening, check your firewall, IDS, and / or other intermediate security devices.

Save your posts before punching out.

Good Luck

Scott

Thanks for all the reply. This is the first time it happens to me. Regarding the session timeout, it never happens to me. I can switch to VPN (with no split tunneling) and back and the session continues.

Yes, from now on, I will copy and paste my reponse to NOTEPAD before hitting "Post" :)

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links