cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE 5.4 installation

haroon.rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any body worked with meeting place 5.4.

i need to know the basic requirements, i have got a single MCS 7835, but now i have come to know that i need a seperate Audio Server for it as well,is it possible to install MPE 5.4 when i have a single MCS 7835, and one more thing i am currently using Call Manager 4.1, is it ok or i have to upgrade the CCM as well.

your coordination in this regard will be highly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

toddlappen
Level 1
Level 1

MeetingPlace 5.4 is for the enterprise customer that has an 81xx voice chassis. MPE (MeetingPlace Express) is a different product. Which is currently running the 2.x version.

yeah thanks!

i have got 8106 and i have got an enterprise customer.

Can you please clarify the scenerio of its deployment in short words,actually i dont have much time to go through all the documents of cisco,so if you can give a clear picture of its hardware requirement as well a flow in which it will going to work i will be really greatfull to you.

Thanks in advance

Deploying MeetinPlace takes significant planning and it's not just a ad-hoc installation as you seem to be doing. Hence the requirement for ATP parnership for this product.

You need to install the Audio Server first, followed by the MCS server if you need IP connection to MP, and/or web conferencing. depending on the size and topology of your deployment you may need multiple MCS servers. For the IP GW configuration you need to determine if you want to use H323 or SIP. Do you plan on implementing web/video/directory integration?

I'd recommand going through the following compatibility matrix first:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/products_device_support_tables_list.html

then SRND section for MP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

then MP installation docs, corresponding to your requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/prod_installation_guides_list.html

There is a lot, but it's well docuemnted, I did my first implementation without previous training similary to you, it was bit overwhelming seeing all the components, but after reading the above it all made sense and the implementation was seemless.

HTH,

Chris

Thankyou very much for this great feedback

right now i have hanged 8106 and connected my laptop with it and assigned the necessary ip's, but i dont know whether i have to install the software of audio server on it,

if it is so then what is the command of doing it.

one more thing i need know that what else can i do afterwards because i have a huge bundly of cds with this meeting place and i am simply stuck.

so how many more boxes do i require.

Chris,

with your guidance i have configured the MP 5.4 but i am a little stuck with the login procedure i can access the web page of meeting place but i am unable to login and i dont knw what user name and password should i enter so what i did is installed the directory services on the same machine but when i open the directory services of dc directory it says default i proceed with it then it prompts me for usernname and password so i tried every password that i used but i am not able to login other than that i even cant see the directory service in the windows services please help me out if this i have configured the audio services and call manager configuration and it is working great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: