Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asa security plus licence

if i am using basic licence, how can i upgrade to security plus?

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are running an ASA with a basic license and you want to upgrade its license then you purchase a license upgrade. Cisco or a partner or a reseller should be able to help you with the license purchase. After you purchase the license you go through a process with the licensing center at Cisco and you get a new activation key. The process of putting the new activation key is pretty simeple. I have done it and did not have any problems.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

does it mean, i need to purchase the license key from the above website.

and also does it means the key can only be used one time. because if i would like to downgrade and upgrade another same module of asa. so do i need to purchase another license key rather than using the same one that i purchased before

however, how can i downgrade back to basic license and use this security plus license key on another same module asa?

Certainly CDW is one place that you can purchase the license upgrade but it is not the only place.

The license is specific to a particular ASA and is generated using the serial number of the ASA so it will not work on a different ASA. If you want to downgrade/upgrade a different ASA then you will need to purchase an additional license.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: