Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on router

cyberpimp28
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a nagging issue with one of my routers which I used for my CCNA exams. Whenever I log into it while waiting at the exec prompt the following error is notified:

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/network-confg (Timed out)

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg (Timed out)co

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/lagos.inetlynx-confg (Timed out)

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/lagos.in.cfg (Timed out)

This started when I mistakenly erased the content of the flash but since I resolved the problem with the flash, that is, reinstalled the IOS I've been getting this nagging error. Any assistance reandered will be appreaciated.

Concerned Admin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

USe the command " No service config" under the global configuration mode to avoid these error messages

HTH

Narayan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

USe the command " No service config" under the global configuration mode to avoid these error messages

HTH

Narayan

Thanks very much for tha assistance

Hi,

The router, viewing these messages, take the configuration file in a server tftp not accesible; or the file is not accessible for read.

You've probably specified this using the command: boot host.

View, for more information, boot config e boot host.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/configfun/command/reference/frcfgfil.html#wp1017539

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

Thank you for your reference it didn't solve the problem but hey it taught me something new.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card