Views
Helpful
Replies

Number Masking

_bbb_
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have a 3660 with 2xE1 HDV Modules and a Callmanager behind it.

I have let me say a 3 digit numberplan and i want some numbers masked(CLID) for outgoing calls.

So letzs say i want the 100 shown as 0815100 or the 200 shown as 0815200 but the 300 shown as 08150.

So in case i have 999 numbers...i have to add each one seperately in the Route Patterns of Cisco Callmanager??

Because at the moment all (0!..thats my pattern ) goes directly to the router and are masked with 08150.

10 Replies 10

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Another way to accomplish this task:

In the directory number configuration for a line, there is a field called "external phone number mask." If you set this on each directory number to what you want the caller ID to read when that line makes a call, then all you have to do is on the 0! route pattern, check the box saying to use the external calling party mask.

_bbb_
Level 1
Level 1

Yes...but i need diff CLID for each internal number.

The way you described with the 0.! pattern only masks one number.

Incorrect.

If you fill out the external phone number mask for each line in the system, you can set the number to what you want the Caller ID to be when that line makes a call.

Then to actually use the unique value you have configured on all the lines, you just need to check the box on the route pattern that says to use the mask.

and where can i add the CLID for each internal number seperately, because i only can add one number in the 0.! pattern?? ..duh maybe i just dont get it ..:)

Go to find phones. Select a phone. Click one of the lines. See the field at the bottom called: External Phone Number Mask ??

That is the field where you specify what the caller ID should be.

For example, let's say that this particular phone has a DID number that is 4085551212 but I have other number ranges in my system other than 408555. So I can make this field be either 408555XXXX or 4085551212 or whatever.

So do this for each line where you want to specify something unique. Then just check the box in the route pattern to actually use the external phone number mask.

Done!

Hm...sorry, i forgot to tell you that i use the Callmanager only to forward calls between a 3660 Router and another H323 Compatible Software and back.

I have no Ip Phones running on the callmanager.  :)

Yes, that would be an important piece of information to have had. :-)

So the "H323 Compatible Software" you are speaking about... is it an H.323 application that runs on each person's terminal (e.g. phone or PC) or is it one single H.323 application that sits on a server and handles all the calls on that one box (like a CallManager)?

In other words, when CallManager wants to send a call to this H.323 device, is it configured as an H.323 gateway with an IP address, and you have a route pattern pointing to it? Or are there a number of devices, and you configured them as H.323 phones.

yes...its a server H323 it handles calls..and there are Softphones connecting to it.

a XXX pattern goes to the server and some numbers gets translated on the callmanager.

The server takes all 3 digit calls.

The Server forwards all outgoing calls starting with "0*" to the CCM.

Since the H.323 "server" is just a single device as far as CallManager is concerned, it can only really translate the calling number from the H.323 box to all the same number.

It sounds to me like the H.323 server needs to set the calling party number to the real number before it sends the call to CallManager.

The only other way I can think of to do this would be to use a translation-rule on the router gateway, but the problem with that is that you can only make 10 rules (those rules can include wildcards) so it should probably work for your relatively small scale but it would not be the right solution for a larger installation.

okay i know about the 10 rule limitation....but i dont really understand why cisco dont supports more Rules in one translation rule. (you can define thousands of translation-rules but only append one to a dial-peer or voice-port.(strange)  WHO NEEDS thousands of Translation Rules???

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: