Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with H-REAP implementation

sumanth_myneni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

With a 4404 WLC, we tried to implement H-REAP using 1242 AP's. The AP's are continuously rebooting without getting registered to the WLC. Please provide me with the implementation document which is other that Document ID :71250 & WLC configuration guide for 4.0 version.

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sumanth,

Here are some additional references;

Hybrid Remote Edge Access Point (H-REAP) Basic Troubleshooting

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008081103d.shtml

H-Reap Design and Deployment Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

H-REAP Modes of Operation Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc3b8.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sending me the links. I actually tried these but i couldn't successed. Could you suggest me why the AP's are continously rebooting? Also, please suggest me any other document.

Will they register in local mode and then once you set them to H-REAP they start rebooting?

Yes. When we connect locally, the AP gets registered. At the remote end, the AP continously reboots.

What I meant was, when your remote APs are in local mode rather than H-REAP mode are they still rebooting? Not physically local, just the mode they are operating in.

When the AP is in Local mode, the AP gets registered. It doesn't reboot continuously. We have more than 50 AP's working in LOCAL mode without issues.

So when the AP is in local mode it works fine and the second you use the controller or WCS to put it into H-REAP mode it starts rebooting over and over? Do you have the "enable H-REAP" box on your WLAN checked? I guess I am somewhat at a loss. I have yet to see this happen and I just asked my CCIE Cisco rep today if he has any idea and he couldn't think of anything.

When the AP connects in local mode, we do not have any issues. If we connect to remote location via H-REAP, the AP doesn't allow me to do any configuration changes and reboots continously. I enabled H-REAP on SSID & in AP details tab too.

Please provide me with the document which can help me.

Hi,

Please find the error that i observed.

"LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not recieve the Join response"

Advice on why this is recurring.

Can anyone assist me?

First of all, did you stage the ap so that the ap has originally joined the controller? If not, then you will have to use dns to resolve cisco-lwapp-controller@yourdomain.com to the management interface ip address. The ap has to join the controller in order for you to configure the ap to h-reap. The ap reboots, because it hasn't joined the WLC.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card