BCMSN: Ip telephony

Unanswered Question
Jan 21st, 2008

I've just failed BCMSN by a couple of percent :o(

One thing that cropped up a few times, was ports with a Cisco IP phone attached, and the effects of configuring PortFast, 802.1x and port-security on these ports.

There is nothing in the official Cisco book about what effects these have. Does anyone know if they do anything out of the ordinary?

If anyone has any example questions (and answers!), could you post them here?

Also, if anyone has questions on interface tracking with HSRP, that would be useful. This was another topic not really covered in the course book, but there were at least 4 questions on it!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Sachin.bhamra Mon, 01/21/2008 - 12:01

Thanks for the heads up and unfortunately HSRP is one of the topics I'm getting a headache with!!

However I think it may be against the Cisco policies to post messages about what kind of questions you got on your exam.

If you dont mind me asking, how long did you study the BCMSN materials before taking your exam?

davehartburn Mon, 01/21/2008 - 13:48

I didn't think being so vague about the questions would be in violation of policies. I've certainly seem similar posts on this forum.

It is hard to say how long I studied BCMSN for. I actually started in October 2006 with the Sybex book. Once I started exam practice it was clear it was well out of date and Cisco changed the course, putting it further out of date. Although I did bits and bobs over the course of 2007, I did not really start lots of study until about September - so around 3 months.

This Discussion