Backup Files For Attendant Console user in CM 5.1(2b)

Unanswered Question
Jan 21st, 2008

I wants to re-install the attendant console program in another new PC. How can I backup the speed dial no. for the attendant console user? Suppose the console user have configured her speed dial.

The callmanager is running 5.1(2b).

What files need to copy from original PC?

Thanks for any information update!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Mon, 01/21/2008 - 06:16

Hi Michael,

You should be able to use this method;

Importing and Exporting Speed Dials

You can import and export speed dials from the attendant console user interface. By exporting speed dials from one attendant console and importing them into another attendant console, you can easily share speed dials between attendant PCs. Use the following procedure to import and export speed dial groups and entries:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose one of the following tasks:

To import speed dials, choose File > Import Speed Dials and continue with Step 2.

To export speed dials, choose File > Export Speed Dials. Browse to the location where you want to store the speed-dial file, enter a name for the file in the File Name field, and click Export. The system exports all the speed-dial groups and entries into the file. You can view the exported speed-dial file by using a text editor.

Step 2 Browse to the file from which you want to import speed dials and click Import.

The system imports the speed dials into a new speed dial group tab in the Speed Dials window. The system imports each speed dial group into a new tab in the attendant console, even if the attendant console and speed dial file contain groups with the same name. To rename a speed-dial group,

From this 5.x doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00806cfffa.html#wp1007615

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion