Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade WLC 4402 problems

remco.gussen
Level 1
Level 1

Hellow

I've got a problem with the upgrade procedure for a Cisco 4402 WLAN controller. I want to install new firmware on the controller, but the TFTP upload is not successfull.

The new image is 37 MB. I've got a TFTP server that supports these large files. I've got threee WLC's and the problem is the same on every controller:

After a few bytes, the controller stops the download.. "Image not complete". Upgrade not successfull.

What is the problem ? Via CLI the same problem.

Gr.

Remco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Remco,

Can you confirm which code your controller is running currently and which code you are trying to upgrade?

Also can you try upgrading using tftp server which is tftpd32.

Regards,

Ankur

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

First make sure you have the right rev of code. Second, make sure you have stepped through the right code versions to get to where you are going. IE. the 4.2 code requires you to be at least at 4.1 I believe. I may be wrong on that one. If you have met these pre-req's my bet is you have a corrupted file.

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Remco,

Can you confirm which code your controller is running currently and which code you are trying to upgrade?

Also can you try upgrading using tftp server which is tftpd32.

Regards,

Ankur

Problem solved:

Upgrade process starten via the Service interface. Not via the network. Image uploaden by tftpd32 and everything is ok now !

Gr.

Remco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card