Question about composite exam

Unanswered Question

I just returned from my BCSI exam with a score just below the minimum. I was doing fine until I looked at the clock, panicked and rushed through the rest of the exam.

I felt like I knew the material well before the exam. In retrospect, I may have been over studying material that wasn't relevant on the exam. I had all the Cisco Press books, practice tests, Bryant Advantage, etc

My question is should I just go for the composite, or just retake the BCSI?

Anyone have any experience with this exam, or any suggestions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Istvan_Rabai Tue, 01/22/2008 - 11:48

Hi Friend,

It is your decision of course which road to take. I can just tell you my views on this.

I passed BSCI a week ago and it was really difficult for me to remain calm under the time pressure.

The BSCI material is huge, there are a lot of pure data and numbers to memorize.

It is the same with BCMSN.

If you take the composite exam, you should take into account that you have to remember twice as much numbers and data than for one exam.

As to overstudying: never mind. That knowledge will be useful in your work, or just increased your undersatnding of networking. It wasn't a waste of effort I'm sure.

Cheers: Istvan

Thanks for the input. I'll remember next time I take the test not to dwell too long on specific questions. The clock is running.

I plan on taking another shot at this test within a month. The composite exam just looks to be too much. BSCI is enough to be concerned about.

The experience of taking the test was good. I plan on passing this time.

Thanks,

John

lotten1981 Wed, 02/27/2008 - 20:37

Anyone have an opinion on pursuing the Composite over the BSCI and BCMSN?

I've heard the Composite can be a little easier since your not being drilled on one area the whole time.

For example, I took and failed the INTRO test for my CCNA, then took and passed the CCNA combined test.

Actions

This Discussion