Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring a Route Point

bhaskar27in
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can we monitor a route point using CTI OS? If so, how? Please help!!!

Thank you,

-Bhaskar

6 Replies 6

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Bhaskar,

Monitoring in CTIOS is reserved to agents and supervisors, I do not see a way to monitor a route point. What is the customer requirement? I suspect you might need a voice recorder if you want to track the interaction with an IVR.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

Thank you for the reply. Basically, we are in the process of developing a Telephony Server(TS) module, which interacts with the ICM using CTI OS.

This TS should have the capability of providing route decisions (Which we are able to achieve), monitor extensions (without agent logged in), and monitor route points so that every call that hits the route point will be known to the TS.

Using CTI Server messsages, we are able to monitor all the calls that come into the ICM system. But, with the use of CTI OS, we, however are unable to know about the call(s), that enter and leave the ICM, unless the call lands on an agent device.

Hence we are in the process of identifying a way in which the route points can be monitored and also exploring the possibility of monitoring the extensions without the agents logged into them.

As per your comment, I undestand that monitoring a route point is not possible. Is monitoring just the extensions possible, with the use of CTI OS that is?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar.

Well Bhaskar,

if I understand you right, you should be able to monitor the RTP start event on the CTI OS Server like some voice recorders do, this with the limited view I have on it.

This is truly a question for the dev support services since in a forum I could not truly review in detail your project specifics.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

Thank You for your prompt replies. I will check on the hint that you gave about the RTP thing. Is there a CTI Server v/s CTI OS comparison chart available anywhere?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar.

Hi Bhaskar,

we are once again in the area of dev support services, please take that route since it is the better option when qualifying a similar solution to get full assistance.

Cheers,

Riccardo

Ooops!!!

Thanks for all your help, Riccardo. I really appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: