cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to connect two routers with VIC-2E&M ?

connect101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a router 3745 and a 3845.

With the 3745 I have four VIC-2E/M.

So I want to receive calls from these VIC ports.

So what can I do in the 3845? Would I install 4 VIC-2E/M and configure them?

I have not access in the 3745.

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, actually the card for the 3845 is vic2-2e/m, plus you need a minimum of pvdm2-8 to activate all 8 channels.

However, considering that the people that administer the 3745 will need to configure something to make the connection, why don't you ask them to send the call via VoIP. It will be much easier and requires no hardware.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Yes that i've ask them.

But when i said them to configure their router, to be a voip gateway with the command "voice service voip". They said that their router don't support the command.

I wanna do a hairpin call : Call Router C from router A, through Router B.

So if I haven't these option, I have to use the E/M cards.

Thks

In fact voice service voip is not required to dovoip, older IOS may not have the command.

If the 3745 router "sees" the E&M card, it has a voice image and can do voip.

But, router B would need to do IP-to-IP gateway when to using the physical cards.

Do you have IP connectivity between A and C? In that case B would be required at all.

The E/M cards, beside the cost, can be hard to configure and would require a lot of collaboration from router B side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: