Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750G-TS-E (EMI)

msidahmed
Level 1
Level 1

hi, when i entred by hyperterminal to verify the SW image, i have find

C3750-IPBASE-M ! it's correct? because normaly i find IP Services Image. i want to confirm this if there is somebody who worked with with C3750G-TS-E.

thank u.

10 Replies 10

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have the IP Base Image, if you are looking for the IP Advanced Services Image, you need to download it from CCO.

__

Edison.

thank u,

if i have understand that it's normaly that this switch C3750G-24TS-E (EMI) comes with default image IP BASE IMAGE (IPBASE-M), and i must upgrade it to the ip Services image or advanced ip services image.

Best regards.

It depends on what services you need and what options you've purchased with the switch. The cheapest option would be purchasing the unit with IP BASE IMAGE. Keep in mind, legal upgrade from IP BASE IMAGE to IP SERVICES or IP ADVANCED SERVICES must be purchased.

__

Edison.

hi Edison,

but when i buy this switch by this reference C3750G-TS-E, normaly is in EMI version, and normaly is with ip services image?

because in the technical documentation of 3750G-TS-E there is this Description

"IP Services Image Installed"!

best regards

hi Edison

i'm wait your answer or other person can aswer me.

thank u.

Hi

You are correct, the 3750G-24TS-E should come with the EMI image installed. Are you absolutely sure it is the 3750G-24TS-E and not the 3750G-24TS-S switch ?.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/ps5223/index.html

Jon

Thank you,

now i'm connect to this switch, and i have this description :

Model number : WS-C3750G-24TS-E

System serial number : CAT0948N4RW

Hardware Board Revision Number : 0x09

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image

------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------

* 1 28 WS-C3750G-24TS 12.2(25)SEE2 C3750-IPBASE-M

My question is :is this switch must be with IP SERVICES SW and not IP-BASE? yes or no

Best regards

It's as Edison pointed out, it's not so much whether it must run IP Services it's whether you need the extra functionality of IP Services. It will run with IP Base but you are losing some features.

Whether or not this matters to you depends on what you need to do with the switch. Having said that you paid for EMI so you should get EMI. Perhaps query this with your Cisco vendor.

Jon

Hi Jon

execuse me for my questions, I wants just to confirm, because this switch is for my costumer and

in the configuration is

Model number : WS-C3750G-24TS-E

SW : SC3750-IPBASE-M

Thus it is EMI

but my principal question is: normaly i find IP SERVICES and not SC3750-IPBASE-M?

thank you.

Hi

SMI = IP BASE

EMI = IP services

Yes you should have IP services. As i say i would talk to your vendor.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco