Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT Translation

ergonullu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have Cisco 2811 with dynamic IP NAT Translation on it.Internal IP ranges 192.168.1.0,2.0. and goes on and they are all converted to 10.92.0.0 network

Serial port ip nat outside ethernet ip nat inside...

When somebody(from 192.168.network) wants to go out and ping and IP address from another networks there is no problem...But after this client removed from the NAT table or if it is not in the table from other (10.x.x.x network)side to this device pinging is impossible.

So,

Case 1 :any solution for this with dynamic nat tra config

Case 2:I created a new network at 192.168.100.0 for special devices (like printers) also new network 10.92.10.0 for it.How can I do static config any documents..

Thanks for the support I can also provide extra info..

Ersin

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ersin

Static nat statements would be along the lines of

ip nat inside source static 192.168.100.1 10.92.10.1

ip nat inside source static 192.168.100.2 10.92.10.2

etc...

As for accessing the internal dynamic NAT addresses from outside - you will have to setup static transaltions i'm afraid if you want to access these from outside without a NAT translation already existing.

Jon

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can create a pool large enough to accommodate every single IP address that needs to be translated.

I'm assuming this NAT configuration is due to overlapping networks and not for connection to the internet since you've only mentioned only internal IP addresses.

This URL should be able to set you in the right path:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f30.shtml

HTH,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card