cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW Updates

d_ferraro
Level 1
Level 1

All of sudden CW stoped sending me network information at the same time I have added new devices to the network and CW is not discovering it. I am new to CW so Im not that familiar with trouble shooting it. Is there a specific place I should start? Maybe there are specific things to look at.

I looked at some logs and found that were updated some software.

/////////////////////////////////////

Campus Manager, CiscoWorks Common Services, CiscoView, Device Fault Manager, Internetwork Performance Monitor, Integration Utility, Resource Manager Essentials

Installing Device Package(s), invoked from GUI

15 Jan 2008,14:31:21 EST Install Device Package(s) Executed

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

It shows Jan 15 14:31 as the update time, and 3 min before that was the last time I received any email notification.

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Part of the Device Package installation process involves shutting down all CiscoWorks daemons. It can take about 30 minutes before everything comes back online again. But if CiscoWorks is still not working for you a week later, then something must have gone wrong when the processes were restarted. Please provide the output of pdshow as well as the version of LMS and the platform on which is is running.

d_ferraro
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for you reply, we did a simple restart of the CW server and all is well.