cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 - Displaying full fqdn in emails?

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Running LMS 3.0.1 on a windows 2003 server enterprise box. I've run into a problem where emails sent out from LMS for jobs do not display the full FQDN.

So in the body of the email, the links are all of the form:

https://hostname:443/rme...

instead of

https://hostname.domain:443/rme

Is there a setting within LMS 3.0.1 where I can address this?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post your NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties. If this information is too sensitive to post on an open forum, please open a TAC service request with the same information.

Thanks, I've got a TAC case going to try and address this issue. They're recommending I try the changehostname.pl.

One thing I noticed when I took a look at the md.properties file was that the following two fields were the same. I would have thought that the PX_FQDN would have the hostname and domain name.

PX_HOST=

PX_FQDN=

Is this an issue that could have been resolved at installation if the primary DNS suffix for the Computer Name (My Computer > Properties > Computer Name > Change > More) had been set?

PX_FQDN should be the fully-qualified hostname of the server. If the server did not have a domain name when LMS was installed, then this value will be the same as PX_HOST. Setting PX_FQDN in this file alone is not sufficient. You would also need to adjust the same variable in the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco\Resource Manager\CurrentVersion\Environment. Using the changehostname.pl script is also a good solution provided md.properties is otherwise in tact.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco