Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR doesn't see rtp

oleksa_ica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We started to use Router 7206, as border gateway.

I activated NBAR on external interface and saw a lot of statistics: ftp, http, etc, but statistics' of rtp is zero.

We use IP PBX Asterisk on our side and make a lot of external calls over Internet.

Please, see attachment. There are more information.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe this version of IOS comes with RTP PDLM version 3 (you can see this by running show ip nbar version). If this is the case, there is a bug in this version which may misclassify RTP traffic. You should either upgrade your IOS, or download the rtp PDLM version 4 module from http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=Protocol%20Description%20Language%20Module%20(PDLM)%20Software&mdfid=268437988&treeName=Routers&mdfLevel=Model&url=null&modelName=PDLM&isPlatform=N&treeMdfId=268437899 .

To install this module, run the following from config mode:

ip nbar pdlm PATH

For example:

ip nbar pdlm tftp://10.10.10.10/rtp-124.pdlm

FYI the first version of code for this platform which has the fixed PDLM integrated is 12.4(11)T.

Thanks a lot.

Yes, it's true.

show ip nbar version

20 rtp Mv: 3

But I couldn't download from cisco.com site:

rtp-124.pdlm

There was answer:

"To download this software, you must do all of the following:

Register

Due to United States export compliance regulations, you must be registered on Cisco.com to download this software. If you do not have a Cisco.com username and password, please register now. Registration is free. If you have already registered, please log in to proceed.

This information will not be used for marketing or sales purposes of any kind. Failure to provide correct information may result in a denial of service, thank you for your cooperation.

..."

I click "Log in now", but it opens previously PDLM download page.

We bought this router one month ago.

Must we purchase a service agreement to a correct this functionality?

I can't speak the specifics of your contract, but a valid Cisco.com login with software download privileges is required to get this update or an upgrade to IOS. Fixes of this nature would require some sort of service contract whether it be part of the initial purchase (i.e. warranty) or an extended contract. You should contact your sales or account team or Cisco TAC to discuss your options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: