Views
Helpful
Replies

copying start to TFTP-3122 bytes, sh run 4487 bytes

saidfrh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Copying start to TFTP server shows 3122 bytes copied over, however a sh run provides an output of 4487 bytes. Is the discrepancy between the above memory volumes normal?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Said

I have checked on a couple of routers and they copy the same length when copying start or copying running. It looks to me as if changes were made in running-config that are not saved to startup-config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Said

I have checked on a couple of routers and they copy the same length when copying start or copying running. It looks to me as if changes were made in running-config that are not saved to startup-config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick. I "copied TFTP to start", then a "sh run" showed same discrepancy in memory volume. We are using a 2821 router with full firewall features. I wonder if some attributes of the firewall do not copy to TFTP.

Said

Do you happen to have remarks in your configuration?

Have you done a simple "wr" recently to make sure run and start are the exact copy?

Yes, I have description of the circuit.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card